ABOUT THE PROJECT:
I4C-EA initiated a research project titled “COVID Cover Ups and Gags” to track East Asian governments’ information, disinformation and misinformation efforts in their respective policy responses to the Covid-19 pandemic from 2020 to 2021. The research covered four countries, China, Myanmar, Indonesia, the Philippines, and one thematic area, particularly how COVID-19 misinformation increases the vulnerability and security of migrants and refugees in receiving countries in East Asia such as Thailand, Korea, Singapore and Malaysia.
- Creating awareness of state’s disinformation and misinformation and its impact on health and human rights.
- Show how state cover-ups and gags harm health of marginalized groups and create a chilling effect on other rights.
- Showing how human rights, transparency and access to information facilitate better public health outcomes.
- Centering marginalized voices and civil society concerns in state policies against the pandemic.
Innovation for Change – East Asia (I4C-EA) is engaging an Animated Video Creator for the COVID Cover Ups and Gags project. The Animated Video Creator is expected to:
- Produce and direct an animated video (no more than 7 minutes) based on project lookbook/branding, with guidance from I4C-EA’s Multimedia Design and Communications Officer, summarising key points of the COVID Cover Ups and Gags project research, by 31 July 2022, including:
- Coordinate with relevant collaborators to ensure smooth delivery of all elements of the animated video, including the script, storyboard, animation, graphics, audio, sound effects, voice overs, title design, preview, thumbnail images, and other elements
- Provide first draft of script, by 17 June 2022
- Provide first draft of animated video by 17 July 2022
- Finalise the animated video, with no more than 3 revisions, by 31 Jul 2022
– Have experience working on human rights or related projects.
– Have experience working on high risk and highly sensitive projects.
Please refer to this call’s Terms of Reference for more information: https://bit.ly/3MRPgjj
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST by filling up this form: https://buff.ly/39WGO3S by 6 June 2022, Bangkok time.