The stark realities of inequity and inequality in our societies have become heightened during the pandemic. Evidenced by uninformed, untransparent, and sometimes misguided public policies, many governments and institutions across the world appear to have exploited the pandemic to their advantage. These have spurred reflections on policies employed and decisions and concessions undertaken including, but not limited to, vaccine development, procurement, distribution, administration, and knowledge and technology control and/or transfer.
With this in mind, Innovation for Change – East Asia (I4C-EA) undertakes to develop a research framework on vaccine equity, diplomacy, transparency, and accountability. This initial phase of the project will focus on the following components:
- Three (3) online LEARNING SPACES on vaccine equity, vaccine diplomacy, and vaccine transparency and accountability
- A three-day online CO-CREATION WORKSHOP
- Development of a common RESEARCH FRAMEWORK for the I4C network
- To provide a space for and gain a deeper understanding of the context of vaccine equity, vaccine diplomacy, and vaccine transparency, and accountability,
- To learn about what actions other civil society organizations and institutions have done in order to address issues related to vaccine equity, diplomacy, transparency, and accountability, and
- To co-create a common research framework for I4C Hubs that are interested in participating in a succeeding research project on vaccine equity, diplomacy, transparency, and accountability
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: I4C-EA hopes to work with the following short-term project consultants for our project on vaccine transparency and accountability:
- Three RESOURCE PERSONS to provide information and lead the discussions during the three online learning spaces on vaccine equity, vaccine diplomacy, and vaccine transparency and accountability in June 2022
- One WORKSHOP FACILITATOR to lead the ‘Towards Vaccine Equity’ (TVE) project’s three-day online co-creation workshop in July 2022
- One DOCUMENTOR who will record and take note of key points raised, presented, discussed, and/or agreed upon during the three online learning spaces and the three-day co-creation workshop
We will contract the services of three resource persons, with each one leading one of three online learning spaces on vaccine equity, vaccine diplomacy, and vaccine transparency and accountability. In collaboration with our TVE Research Framework Designer, the Resource Persons are expected to draft the program/agenda/focus topics of the learning spaces and share presentation/s during the online learning spaces.
Resource Persons’ Remuneration: Each of the three Resource Persons will receive USD600 for services rendered.
We are looking for a dynamic Workshop Facilitator with a track record on co-creation processes who will lead a group of about 20 participants through an online co-creation process. The objective is to facilitate learning exchange, planning, and framing that will help our TVE Research Framework Designer craft a research work plan and agenda for the I4C network moving forward. Ideally, this Phase 2 of the vaccine transparency and accountability project will cover research work on and information gathering in 11 countries in Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and the Pacific.
Please check the Workshop Facilitator’s CONSULTANCY TERMS OF REFERENCE for more information. Fill out this JotForm by Tuesday, 31 May 2022, 11:59pm Bangkok time.
Workshop Facilitator’s Remuneration: The Workshop Facilitator will receive USD2,100 for services rendered.
We also want to collaborate with a Documentor who is expected to join us for the three online learning spaces and the three-day co-creation workshop. The Documentor will consolidate notes and all presentations from the plenaries and breakout group discussions into a single project report to be submitted within the consultancy period.
Documentor’s Remuneration: The Documentor will receive USD1,200 for services rendered.
ABOUT INNOVATION FOR CHANGE – EAST ASIA
Innovation for Change (I4C) is a civil society-driven approach to problem solving, focused on supporting new and established approaches to promote, strengthen, and connect a vibrant, pluralistic, and rights-based civil society in open, closing, and closed spaces. As a global network, I4C looks to transform civil society impact, scale citizen action, and create the opportunity for a new generation of civic action to take shape through collaboration, leveraging, and learning. Innovation for Change – East Asia (I4C-EA) is one of seven regional hubs worldwide. Its mission is to provide virtual and real spaces for civil society to co-create and innovate ideas and projects, and to jointly offer services and activities towards improving the lives of citizens and communities, and strengthening citizens’ engagement and accountable governance by defending, expanding, and creating civic space in East Asia.