NOMINATION PERIOD IS EXTENDED!
Innovation for Change – East Asia will continue accepting nominations for two seats to our East Asia Governance Circle (EAGC) until 11:59pm Bangkok time on Thursday, 16 December 2021.
ABOUT THE I4C-EAST ASIA GOVERNANCE CIRCLE
The EAGC is the core governing body for the I4C-EA Hub. The EAGC ensures that the I4C-EA Hub’s work is in line with the values, vision, and mission of Innovation for Change. The EAGC provides oversight to the work of the I4C-EA Hub team.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EAST ASIA GOVERNANCE CIRCLE
The EAGC makes collaborative governance decisions for the I4C-EA Hub, and delegates operational tasks to the I4C-EA Hub. The EAGC is responsible for the following areas:
- Provides oversight on the I4C-East Asia Hub
- Ensures the hub’s strategic direction by convening periodic Hub Strategy processes, which set strategic thrusts and themes, and in turn guide I4C-EA co-design workshops where solutions and services are co-created into hub projects
- Convenes the Civic Innovation Fair, a periodic regional celebration of the work of I4C-EA Hub
- Oversees financial and legal accountability
- Oversees hub sustainability
Through making collaborative governance decisions, the EAGC provides oversight to the I4C-EA Hub’s financial and legal accountability, and sustainability. The EAGC also guides the hub towards fulfilling its strategic thrusts and themes.
EAST ASIA GOVERNANCE CIRCLE MEMBERS
The five members that constitute the EAGC serve on an unremunerated voluntary basis. All of them will be serving for two years and are relieved alternately at the end of each calendar year where two or three new members are elected.
BENEFITS DERIVED FROM SERVING IN THE EAST ASIA GOVERNANCE CIRCLE
Members of the EAGC derive the following non-financial benefits:
- Leadership experience in a regional community that comes together on civic space issues
- Leadership experience in a regional community that supports diverse social movements in solidarity building, capacity building, and networking
- Leadership experience in a regional community that seeks to innovate in its ways of working
- Experience of a flatter, less hierarchical kind of governance
CURRENT AND OUTGOING EAGC MEMBERS (as of December 2021)
EAGC Member – Term – Status
Shawn Shieh – Dec 2019-Dec 2021 – Outgoing, Dec 2021
Sussi Prapakranant – Dec 2019-Dec 2021 – Outgoing, Dec 2021
Candy Yun – Jan 2021-Dec 2022 – Serving until Dec 2022
Khoo Ying Hooi – Jan 2021-Dec 2022 – Serving until Dec 2022
Leni Velasco – Jan 2021-Dec 2022 – Serving until Dec 2022
By the end of December 2021, two EAGC Member seats are to be vacated and need to be replaced. The two incoming EAGC members are to serve a two-year term, from January 2022 to December 2023.
THE EAGC ELECTION PROCESS
- NOMINATIONS to the EAGC from 15 November to 16 December 2021
- REGISTRATION will be available to all East Asia community members from 16 to 24 December 2021
- The list of NOMINEES to the EAGC and the link to the VOTING FORM will be shared with registered community members on 26 December 2021
- ELECTIONS will be done electronically through a twelve-day period from 26 December 2021 to 6 January 2022
We sincerely hope that you will find the time to participate in this important process. With this election, we take another step towards strengthening Innovation for Change – East Asia.