Is there someone you feel should be a member of our East Asia Governance Circle? Is that person you? Please nominate yourself or someone you know! We need leaders who can guide the I4C-EA Hub and the Hub team towards contributing to a more democratic, rights-respecting, and free region for all its peoples. Help us find them.
(Deadline for nominations: Wed, 14 June 2023, 11.59pm Bangkok time)
PLEASE REMEMBER that to nominate and vote, you need to be registered. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
(Deadline for registration: Wed, 14 June 2023, 11.59pm Bangkok time)
ABOUT THE I4C-EAST ASIA GOVERNANCE CIRCLE
The EAGC is the core governing body for the I4C-EA Hub. The EAGC ensures that the I4C-EA Hub’s work is in line with the values, vision, and mission of Innovation for Change. The EAGC provides oversight to the work of the I4C-EA Hub team.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EAST ASIA GOVERNANCE CIRCLE
The EAGC makes collaborative governance decisions for the I4C-EA Hub, and delegates operational tasks to the I4C-EA Hub. The EAGC is responsible for the following areas:
- Provides oversight on the I4C-East Asia Hub
- Ensures the hub’s strategic direction by convening periodic Hub Strategy processes, which set strategic thrusts and themes, and in turn guide I4C-EA co-design workshops where solutions and services are co-created into hub projects
- Convenes the Civic Innovation Fair, a periodic regional celebration of the work of I4C-EA Hub
- Oversees financial and legal accountability
- Oversees hub sustainability
- Through making collaborative governance decisions, the EAGC provides oversight to the I4C-EA Hub’s financial and legal accountability, and sustainability. The EAGC also guides the hub towards fulfilling its strategic thrusts and themes.
EAST ASIA GOVERNANCE CIRCLE MEMBERS
The five members that constitute the EAGC serve on a voluntary basis, with no remuneration for time served. All of them serve for two years and are relieved at the end of of their term. An EAGC member can serve a maximum of two terms, whether consecutive or not. This June 2023, we will be electing four (4) new members of the East Asia Governance Circle (EAGC), three of them to serve for a term of two years, and one of them to serve for a term of one year.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED TO THE EAGC
- An activist or rights defender from the Innovation for Change East Asia community who
- abides by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
- respects I4C-EA Hub’s vision, mission and values,
- has participated in at least one I4C-EA activity, whether online or in-person.
- They must reside in an East or Southeast Asian country or territory,
- if living outside the region, they must be of East Asian or Southeast Asian descent.
- They must adhere to I4C-EA’s Code of Conduct;
- they must not be previously or currently involved in any form of human rights violations, financial crimes, human trafficking, or sexual offences.
EAGC ELECTION PROCESS TIMELINE
REGISTRATION: Mon 29 May to Wed 14 June 2023
NOMINATIONS to the EAGC: Wed 7 to Wed 14 June 2023
The list of NOMINEES to the EAGC and the link to the VOTING FORM will be shared with registered community members on Mon 19 June 2023
ELECTIONS will be done electronically through a ten-day period from Mon 19 – Wed 28 June 2023.
With this election, we expect to take another step towards building a stronger Innovation for Change – East Asia Hub.
– The Innovation for Change – East Asia Hub
Click here for more details of the election process.